I keep leaving the blog and coming back again and again, but for the next two weeks I plan on writing, so I’m doing. Here are this week’s regular features:
- Tuesday Stuff I Dislike: Tomorrow night, why I dislike Glee – something I had planned on writing a while ago, but didn’t.
- Required Listenings Top 5: As an off-shoot of the four-part series on TV themes I did a while back, my 5 favorite current TV theme songs.
- Thursday Trivia: In belated celebration of last Saturday’s World Nutella Day, 5 facts about the wonder-spread.
- Friday’s Random Thoughts Essay over on – dpecs. will continue until further notice. This week: On Holidays, Civility, and Hot Dogs.
- Saturday Night Stuff I Like: Why I love macaroni and cheese.
- Also, this week on The Macaulay Vlog, the team discusses our Spring Semester Survival Kit. Watch mine on Saturday at 9.
Before I get into next week’s Unrandom Musings, a brief announcement from my Twitter page:
I’ll be tweeting with the hashtag #ibmwatson during the games (February 14th through the 16th – a rare three-day tournament – from 7 to 7:30) and doing post-match video reports on Tumblr after all the matches, so if you’re interested in the Jeopardy IBM Challenge, get to following ASAP! That said, next week’s scheduled posts:
- Music Monday: TBA – could be a cover of Wilco’s “Poor Places” I’ve been planning on doing, could be something else.
- No Stuff I Dislike next week.
- Wednesday Top 5: In honor of the end of the Watson matches, the 5 most famous computers of all time.
- Thursday Trivia: In lieu of Roger Craig celebrating his 81st birthday that day, facts about the 1962 Mets.
- Random Thoughts: A late riff on Valentine’s Day.
- Saturday Night Stuff I Like: Why I like books.
New Random Report mini-sode in approximately 45 minutes.