So, on Saturday, I went to my uncle’s house to celebrate the New Year, had some bad cheesecake, and spent the next 24 hours with a bunch of stuff neither you nor I want to discuss. I had meant to do the Week in Preview on Monday, as usual, but I still wasn’t feeling right and decided to take the next couple of days off (with the exception of a couple of announcement posts, which led to – holy crap! – 132 page views, the most this blog has had in a day ever).
But I’m making up for it with a veritable crapload of posts related to my trip today to Hartford (I’m writing this on the bus trip back – thank you, Megabus, future recipient of a wonderful review here in the coming days), discussing a multitude of angles from the two main things I saw: the Mark Twain House, and the inaugural of the 88th Governor of Connecticut, Dan Malloy – including YouTube videos of the ceremony. Along with that, of course, this week’s abbreviated Unrandom Musings:
- Wednesday Stuff I Like Top 5: I (finally) round out the Year in Review with my 5 favorite things about 2010.
- Thursday Trivia: 5 facts about butter. (Hey, I did one on string, meaning at this point I can do a Thursday Trivia about basically anything.)
- Friday Trivia Extra: One thing I found out today was that Connecticut’s a state that loves its trivia; a few facts about Connecticut, its governors, and gun salutes.
- Saturday Night Stuff I Like: Why I love food trucks.
- In addition, this week on The Macaulay Vlog, my New Year’s Resolution.
Finally, a reminder that – dpecs., my brand-new Tumblr page, premieres in 5 days! Get a head start on following and enjoy the amazingness that is to come.