Back to the weekly grind, here’s this week’s regular features:
- Music Monday: Later tonight, I enjoy Diane Birch’s “Magic View.”
- Tuesday Afternoon Stuff I Dislike: Why I have a problem with bananas.
- Wednesday Top 5: This week, I finally get around to presenting my Top 5 favorite articles of facial hair in history.
- Thursday Trivia: 5 bits of essential (or unessential) knowledge on Monopoly.
- Making Crap Up: The wonderful Linkbait Generator – powered story is back a week early due to a special episode of The Random Report. This week, “10 common misconceptions about Carson Daly.”
- Saturday Night Stuff I Like: I discuss my enjoyment for chicken.
- The Random Report: This Sunday, the Random Report goes to Governor’s Island for the Vendy Awards.
This week’s video comes from a bit of general internetting. Apparently, there’s just a treasure trove of old “Siskel and Ebert at the Movies” clips. Of course, Gene Siskel is deceased and Roger Ebert is unfortunately without a mandible – but the clips still hold up. In this one, Siskel and Ebert discuss their dislike for one of my favorite films as a kid, the 1997 flick Flubber.