I know, I know. I said I’d be gone for about a week, and it turned out to be two. But I’m well-rested, I’ve gotten all my crap together, and just like Ray William Johnson, I’m back, y’all! Here are this week’s Unrandom Musings (if you’ve forgotten ’cause it’s been so damn long, the regular features on the blog):
- Music Monday: Later tonight, Music Monday goes classical with Aaron Copland’s “Fanfare for the Common Man.” (Also tonight, BTW, my final post in the “Unlocking the City” series.)
- Tuesday Afternoon Stuff I Dislike: Yeah, I’ve got to do it now or I never will – why I dislike – and only merely dislike – Glee.
- Wednesday Top 5: TBA. I might not get around to it due to Rosh Hashanah, in which case it’ll get moved to next week, but in honor of the Brooklyn Cyclones’ Mustache Mayhem Night last week, the top 5 greatest articles of facial hair in history.
- Thursday Trivia: I wanted to do Shoeless Joe Jackson for Thursday Trivia last week, and this week, I’m doing it.
- Saturday Night Stuff I Like: This week, I discuss my favorite food: chicken.
Note that I didn’t include the Friday Story there. I’m putting the “Making Crap Up” and “Tales of Poncho Villa” series on the shelf for about a month, at which point they’ll continue to alternate week to week. In the meantime, I’ll be posting weekly episodes of The Random Report – this week, I comment on those Sharp Quattron ads featuring George Takei. But for now, enjoy this short video of me giving a brief tour of the new Random Musings studios: