It’s the first full week in July, and with it, the first week of this month’s Unrandom Musings. Here they are:
- Music Monday: I discuss how I have increasingly frequent urges to listen to Weezer’s “Island in the Sun.”
- Tuesday Afternoon Stuff I Dislike: I break out of the intellectual line and discuss why I dislike crossword puzzles.
- Wednesday Top 5: The top 5 most interesting phobias, in my opinion. (It’s 7/7, seems like an interesting idea.)
- Thursday Trivia: 5 bits of need-to-know info on umbrellas.
- Making Crap Up: This week, the theme is Mets closer (and poster boy for antacids) Francisco Rodriguez: “6 Bits of Francisco Rodriguez Advice that Will Land You in Prison”.
- Saturday Night Stuff I Dislike: I discuss the peculiar sport that is Canadian football.
This week’s video, Cristobal Vila’s amazing short “Nature by Numbers”, comes to us from mental_floss. Filled with absolutely incredible animation, it shows what I and many other nerds have already seen – how math is prevalent in nature. Also, it shows that I finally know how to embed Vimeo videos in WordPress.