Here’s some fun stuff culled from my favorite sites of the Internet, this week’s Friday Link Slurry:
- Via Metsblog, a confluence of “Stuff I Like” (David Wright, Vitaminwater) and “Stuff I Dislike” (Jersey Shore). Take a look.
- Via the wonderful Mets blog not named Metsblog, Amazin’ Avenue, Hank Aaron seems pretty cranky.
- On TedQuarters, the incomparable Ted Berg reviews the Nathan’s Pretzel Dog at Citi Field, discusses his platform for the anthem of the 2010 Mets, and brings to light a wonderful discussion combining sabermetrics and The Simpsons.
More fun after the jump!
- As usual, mental_floss has a crapload of great posts: failed Constitutional amendments, a 2-part discussion on libraries; Census FAQ’s; and, in celebration of Stephen Strasbourg, minor league debuts.
- Via the _floss, Slate had a wonderful discussion of diplomatic immunity; and someone posted awesome pictures from the original series of Star Trek, even bloopers.
- On BoingBoing, fun with boron carbide; via BoingBoing, ethics with e-books and Glenn Beck haiku.
- Finally, on Gizmodo, how the subways are made and, in the “Apple News Not Involving the iPad” Department, new Macbook Pros (*drools*).
Join me next week as we plumb the depths of the Internet once more in the Friday Link Slurry, and tune in tomorrow for this week’s celebration of Tom Hanks in the Saturday Night Stuff I Like.