Here’s some stuff culled from the Internets in the past week, with the Friday Link Slurry:
- In our recurring “Betty White For America” department, Betty White is confirmed to host Saturday Night Live on May 8th, according to the Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/03/12/2010-03-12_inner_tube_betty_white_confirmed_as_host_of_nbcs_saturday_night_live_on_may_8.html) . Hooray for democracy in action!
- Slate has run a fantastic series on signs – the fifth and final post in the series came yesterday. Here’s part 1 (http://www.slate.com/id/2245644/).
More fun after the jump!
- Via MetsBlog, this video from the Binghamton Mets gives me chills just thinking about it. Whether or not Ike is in the lineup (or Jose Reyes, or Carlos Beltran, or…), I’m psyched for Opening Day:
- On BoingBoing, a brief history of the poisoning of a French village’s bread by the CIA (http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/11/french-village-went.html).
- Finally, via mental_floss, in the “Now There’s a Dichotomy!” department, a nun was willed, of all things, a brothel by her deceased mother (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/03/07/nun-is-left-brothel-by-her-mum-115875-22091198/).
Join me tomorrow for this week’s Saturday Night Stuff I Like, when we discuss Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz of Phineas and Ferb.